7 December (Thursday)
Singapore Cultural Centre Auditorium
9.30am – 12.30pm / 2pm to 5pm
Participating groups will be informed of the order of appearance on 22 November.
Rules and Regulations
- The size of the each ensemble range from a minimum of FOUR (4) members to a maximum of TEN (10) members.
- Each group may choose to perform with a conductor. The conductor will be counted as a member of the group (subject to maximum of ten members).
The competition is divided into three divisions; Prodige, Prestige & Légende.
a. Prodige Division for Primary & Secondary school or its equivalent in International schools & IB programme
b. Prestige Division for any clarinetists with the exception of music professionals, graduates or undergraduates
c. Légende Division open to all clarinetists
- Ensembles with 1 or more music tertiary students &/or undergraduate will only be able to take part in the Légende Division.
- The maximum number of groups per division is FIFTEEN (15). Registration is strictly on a first come first serve basis.
- The competition for each division will only proceed with a minimum of FIVE (5) participating groups.
- Each organization is only allowed to enter ONE (1) group per division.
- Each member is only allowed to take part in the competition ONCE.
- Each group must indicate the selected repertoire before the start of competition and own an ORIGINAL copy of the selected set piece.
- Participating groups MUST bring along the original copy of the selected set piece during competition day. Groups will be disqualified if the original copy is not presented.
- Each group may choose to include multiple member(s) for each part, on own discretion
- The contesting group is responsible for their own transposition of score for the substitute part(s).
- Each group must submit the application form and make payment to the organiser by 08 November 2017.
- Each participating group will be given complimentary festival passes, festival T- Shirt & certificate of participation according to the number of members.
- The Jurys’ decision for award is final. No appeal shall be entertained.
Prizes, Certification and Presentation
- 1st Prize: S$500 The Band World Voucher, Certificate of Distinction & Invitation to perform at Gala Concert
- 2nd Prize: S$400 The Band World Voucher & Certificate of Merit
- 3rd Prize: S$350 The Band World Voucher & Certificate of Commendation
- 1st Prize: S$350 The Band World Voucher & Invitation to perform at Gala Concert
- 2nd Prize: S$250 The Band World Voucher & Certificate of Merit
- 3rd Prize: S$200 The Band World Voucher & Certificate of Commendation
- 1st Prize: S$200 The Band World Voucher & Invitation to perform at Gala Concert
- 2nd Prize: S$100 The Band World Voucher & Certificate of Merit
- 3rd Prize: S$50 The Band World Voucher & Certificate of Commendation
Other Prizes to be announced on social media (Instagram & Facebook) on weekly basis; Starting 1 September 2017
- Trio Divertissements (4 Bb Clar.) by Henri Tomasi / ALPHONSE LEDUC / 9790046234118
- Divertimento 3rd mvt Allegro con bio (3 Bb & 1 Bass Clar.) by Alfred Uhl / SCHOTT MUSIC / 49004886
- Kaleidoskop (4 Bb & 1 Bass Clar.) by Rolf Thomas Lorenz / FIEDRICH HOFMEISTER / HOFME01732
- Variations on a Theme of Paganini (4 Bb Clar.) by Kenneth A. Wilson / BOOSEY & HAWKES / M-060-83628-2
- A Playful Quartet (3 Bb & 1 Bass Clar.) by Raymond Decancq / ARLY PUBLICATIONS / CQ9214DMP
- Spirit Road II (4 Bb & 1 Bass Clar.) by Eiji Suzuki / BRAIN MUSIC / ENMS-84133
- Scherzetto, Pavane & Gopak (4 Bb Clar.) by Gordon Jacob / EMERSON EDITIONS LTD / PR.524041240
- Caprice for Clarinets (3 Bb & 1 Bass Clar.) by Clare Grundman / BOOSEY & HAWKES / 48001352
- Allegro Rococo – (4 Bb & 1 Bass Clar. or 3 Bb, 1 Alto & 1 Bass Clar.) – Paul Koepke / Hal Leonard or Rubank Publ.
Participation Fees and Payment Method
Access the Application Form here
- Entrance Fee is SGD 25/member (e.g. Total entry fee for 4 members is SGD 100)
- For Bank Transfer, please transfer to DBS Current Account 055-003669-1. Input main applicant name and email (email@example.com) us a copy of transaction details as proof of payment.
- For Cheque Payment, please make cheque payable to THE BAND WORLD
For schools & institution, electronic invoicing is available. Please mail cheque to the address below:
ATTN: SINGAPORE CLARINET FESTIVAL 2017
c/o The Band World
1, Esplanade Drive, #02-08,
Esplanade Mall, Singapore 038981
Tel: (+65) 6561-2163